Safeguarding and Child Protection Certificate
About Child Protection and Safeguarding Course
Child protection and safeguarding deals in protecting children from abuse or harm. All individuals or organisations who work with children or come into contact with children must have child protection and safeguarding policies and procedures in place.
They must ensure that every child, despite their race, sex, gender, disabilities, religion has a right to equal protection from harm
Child protection and safeguarding must outline explicit instruction on how children are safe from adults and other children who pose a risk of harming others.
In an educational institution, in-house training for new and in-service teacher must be conducted at regular intervals.
All teachers need to know about abuse and the kind of abuse. How will they identify abuse? What procedures are in place to report this abuse?
According to the children’s society
Abuse of a child or young person under the age of 18 is defined as follows.
- Abuse is a deliberate act of ill-treatment that can harm or is likely to harm a child or young person’s safety, well-being and development. Abuse can be physical, sexual or emotional.
- Neglect of a child or young person also constitutes abuse and can be defined as failing to provide or secure for a child or young person the basic needs of physical safety and well-being.
Our teaching is philosophy is simple; we teach according to the need of teachers. Once they have completed their programme, they have all tools to become an effective classroom instructor in any context of education, coaching centre, school, home tuition.
Learn more teaching and learning tips by joining our members-only group on Facebook
Dr Farida Sheikh
Child Protection and Safeguarding Curriculum
- Module 1 The Development of the child
- Module 2 Role of the teacher
- Module 3 21st Century Education
- Module 4 Understanding Schools as Organisations
- Module 5 Legislation and school policies
- Module 6 Equal Opportunities, Confidentiality, Safeguarding, Promoting Equality & Diversity with Pupils
- Module 7 Health and Safety
- Module 8 Pupils with Disabilities and Special Education
- Module 9 Supporting Gifted and Talented Pupils
- Module 10 Effective Classroom-Management
- Module 11 Planning and Delivering Lesson
- Module 12 Supporting Pupils with their Literacy
- Module 13 Learning Numeracy Skills
- Module 14 The Use of ICT
- Module 15 Working Effectively as a Team and Promoting Good Working Relationships
Some of the modules contain self-assessed assignments/tasks which are at the end of the module. Most of the assignments should take around 30 minutes to complete; again, you are free to spend as much time as you need on them. The assignments are self-assessed; you do not need to send them to us. You will find the answers/our suggestions attached.
End of Course Assessment
At the end of the course, there is a 30 question test. There are different types of questions, e.g. multiple-choice or true and false. To pass the test, you need to score 60%
Don’t panic if you don’t pass the first time. You can take the test as many times as you need. If you do not pass on the first occasion, we recommend that you go back over the modules you did not fare so well and study them again.
Completion of the Course
Once you have passed the test, you will get your certificate of completion. You can download and print your certificate any time you want.
If you need any assistance, we are here to help you. You can contact us via email or WhatsApp message, and we will arrange a time to talk to you. Please note, support hours are 9:00 – 17:30 Monday – Friday (we have limited support outside of these hours, and your enquiry may take longer to respond to).